Monday, November 17, 2008

Antigone Writing Assignment

Choose ONE of the following writing assignments (taken from your textbook):

1. Write a newspaper article with a headline that would have appeared in a Thebes newspaper (if newspapers existed then) the day after Polyneices was buried. Make sure you answer the who? what? where? when? and why? in your article.

2. Write a letter to Antigone as Ismene before her arrest. What would you tell her about her plans to bury Polyneices? When do you think she has a change of heart? What motivates her to want to stand next to Antigone in her punishment?

10 comments:

Va Thao said...

Can you please clearify this assignment in class tomorrow? Also, when is it due? Or is it an LRJ assignment?

Mai Kou Lor said...

In general, What's an aggregator? I confused of what that is. Thanks!

EB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EB said...

Haha whoops! I did some research and read which made me confused as to where we left off. I'll write another article.

EB said...

reading**

Anonymous said...

yes, when is it due?
are there links to the reading, if we need to reference it? because I dont see any....

Cecilia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecilia said...

Is there a word count option on blogger?

Also, I am unable to indent on my blog posts, is it okay if I skip a line instead?

Blogging is a great idea! It has really helped me understand the topis and assignments.

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L. M. Peifer said...

I hope all your questions were answered in class, but just in case:
1. Va--will you ask me in class tomorrow what you are confused about? It is a LRJ assignment and it is due Friday.
2. An aggregator is what pulls all your blog posts onto one page so you just have to check the aggregator if anyone has updated their blogs versus checking on 32-36 blogs (or more if you have added others). Netvibes and google reader is what I introduced in class.
3. There is a link to Antigone online if you click on "Antigone" on the wiki.
4. Yes, Cecilia, there are some downsides to blogging in terms of format. It is alright that you skip a line as long as you know correct MLA format for written papers. :)